This application is made for displaying huge-resolution images. The first use of this feature is maps. Maps are often very high-resolution, and iOS devices are not well adapted to displaying these files.
Kneepad puts no limit on picture resolution, which is really useful if you want to browse a 15,000 x 10,000 pixels Tactical Pilotage Chart (some are freely available at the Texas University Online Library), like I do when I fly in DCS:World with my VEAF friends !
The maps displayed by Kneepad are tiled image files (high-resolution files cut into small tiles in several scales). They are easy to create with ImageMagick (check in the FAQ), and you will find on this site a few maps of Georgia – the one in Europe 😉
Kneepad can also display standard documents (pdf files support pending) such as briefing maps, starting parking plans, VFR approach routes and whatever standard-resolution image you want to use (even a picture of your girlfriend if you want).
If you have questions or encounter a bug, please use the support request form, I’ll do my best to answer each email personally.
Current features :
- huge-resolution image files supported (without limits)
- standard-resolution image files supported (up to 10 Giga-pixels)
- documents management (import, delete, open mail attachments in app)
Planned features :
- PDF support (free)
- data entry annotations (probably In-App-Purchase)
- data entry exchange : export, send by email, over-the-net synchronization with other users (In-App-Purchase)
- syncing of position with the game engine (DCS plugin, In-App-Purchase)